The Global Research Lab on Big Data Security (GRL-BDS) is a collaborative research and educational effort between the Inha University and the University at Buffalo, enabled through funding from the National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Korea. This collaboration aims to develop cutting-edge technologies to address security problems through the lenses of big data analytics. The core application of interest to this initiative is distributed denial of service attacks and their defenses. In the way of executing upon this bold mission, the collaborative effort also aims to train and graduate the next generation of security experts equipped with big data analytics tools and techniques.
We are always looking for postdoctoral researchers and Ph.D. students to join our lab at Inha University (South Korea) or University at Buffalo (NY, USA). If interested, email us with resume, sample publications and TOEFL/GRE scores. Students admitted to Inha University will have the chance to study abroad in the US for up to two years as part of their course of study.
▬ News and Announcements
- 12/2017: The GRL team has an opening for a postdoctoral researcher. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for more.
- 12/2017: The second GRL workshop will be held at UCF during February 2018.
- 10/2017: The GRL team had several papers accepted: NDSS 2018, ICC 2018 (tutorial), and ICOIN 2018.
- 08/2017: The GRL team had one paper accepted at the SECURECOMM 2017, to be held in Niagara Falls, Canada
- 08/2017: The GRL team had two papers accepted at ACM HotWeb 2017, to be held in San Jose, CA, USA.
- 08/2017: PI Nyang visited the University of Central Florida to kickstart a dual Ph.D. program (INHA/UCF) under GRL.
- 08/2017: The GRL project welcomed 5 new Ph.D. students on PI Mohaisen's team.
- 08/2017: the GRL had one paper appearing in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (impact factor: 3.376)
- 08/2017: Prof. Mohaisen moved from SUNY Buffalo, as an Associate Professor. GRL moved to UCF.
- 07/2017: The GRL team presented two posters at ACM WiSec 2017, which took place in Boston, MA, USA
- 06/2017: The GRL team presented several papers, demos and posters at IEEE ICDCS 2017, in Atlanta, GA, USA
- 05/2017: The GRL team presented two papers at IEEE INFOCOM 2017, in Atlanta, GA, USA
- 05/2017: The first GRL workshopwas quite a success, and featured talks by various researchers from Korea and the United States.
- 05/2017: Two research demos/posters were accepted at ACM WiSec 2017, to be held in Bosoton in July 2017
- 03/2017: The first GRL workshop is to be held at Inha University of May 12, 2017.
- 03/2017: Five research papers (including a demo) were accepted in IEEE ICDCS 2017 to be held in Atlanta during June 2017.
- 01/2017: One research paper on privacy-preserving graph analytics is accepted to Financial Cryptography 2017 to be held in Malta during April.
- 11/2016: Two research papers by the GRL-BDS team have been accepted at IEEE INFOCOM 2017 to be held in Atlanta during May.